With a combined 75 years of clinical, hospital and leadership experience, MHEI offers easy options for you to become knowledgeable and skilled in the areas of strategic leadership, team building and quality performance.
MHEI has developed innovative programs that can help you:
- Better understand your changing role within the healthcare system
- Anticipate future changes and challenges
- Help you develop a culture that can better adapt to change
Skill-Building for Physician Leaders
With the intensifying focus on population health, clinical safety, and measurable quality, the need—and opportunities— for strong physician leaders have exploded. To capitalize, you need to be ready to lead your unit, your department, or your practice like an optimally run business, one that combines exceptional customer service with smart, bottom-line strategies.
Contact the Maryland Healthcare Education Institute (MHEI) to learn more about the sessions listed below that are designed to help you sharpen your competitive edge, build stronger working relationships, and be the leader your organization needs now.
- Strategic Thinking & Planning
- Leading an Effective Meeting
- Collaboration & Leading Teams
- Conflict Resolution & Managing Behavior
- Maryland Healthcare Reimbursement: What Have We Learned? Where Are We Going?
The Practice of Leadership for Physicians
MHEI has designed a program specifically for physicians currently in, or seeking, leadership roles in order to enhance their current thinking as it relates to leading a team.
Physician leaders are in an environment where learning takes place constantly and the opportunity for reflection is key to honing the skills and competencies of leadership across various organizational structures.
- Four full days
- Supplemental readings, instruments, videos
- Continuing Medical Education credits awarded upon completion
Day 1: Leadership Awareness and DiSC Assessment
Day 2: Credibility, Values and Paradigms
Day 3: Engagement, Communication and Courageous Conversations
Day 4: Culture, Change, Accountability and Resilience (Tools to beat Burnout)